Patients & Families
As a locally owned and operated agency, we embody community; close collaboration with other healthcare providers in the area such as physicians, surgeons, and hospitals is essential to providing the best possible outcomes for our patients.
- Expert, accurate, and compassionate clinical care
- Well staffed to expediently tend to start of care response time
- 24/7 access to a licensed clinician
- Utilization of advanced technologies proven to reduce rehospitalizations
Your Home Heath Care Team
Professionals at Compass at Home strive to ensure that you or your loved one receives an exceptional quality of care with a plan intended to fit your needs. Our local team is made up of experienced specialists including skilled nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, home health aides, medical social workers, and speech therapists. We also offer a specialty Palliative Care Program for all patients.
Licensed Nurses provide expert, accurate, and compassionate clinical care. Skilled Nursing services may include:
- Assessment and monitoring of acute or chronic conditions such as heart or pulmonary disease
- Medication management and education
- Cardio-pulmonary care
- Infusion services and intravenous antibiotics
- Wound care
- Management of a Wound VAC® with a wound specialist
- Patient and family education on self-management skills
- Diabetic management
Our rehabilitation specialists assist you and your family in returning to independence.
- Physical Therapists address your mobility, balance, strength and range of motion skills
- Occupational Therapists work with you on your activities of daily living in self care and home management, in addition to training using assistive devices
- Speech Language Pathologists work on communication and swallowing problems.
- Medical Social Workers work closely with you to develop a plan for your social, financial, and medical needs.
- Home Health Aides lend a helping hand in daily activities, such as personal care and hygiene and other activities of daily living.
- Specialized care to provide relief from stress, symptoms, and pain.
- Designed to improve quality of life for both you and your family.
How do home health services work and are Compass at Home services covered by health insurance?
Compass at Home offers services provided by on-call nurses 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Once Compass at Home receives an order from your doctor, a clinician will contact you to schedule a home visit. On the initial visit a nurse or a physical therapist will provide an evaluation to determine your current medical and functional status, which will help the professionals develop your personalized plan of care.
Medicare generally covers Compass at Home’s services 100%. Compass at Home accepts some HMO and PPO insurance plans. Our care specialists will verify your benefits and arrange coverage.
Our Care Network
Compass at Home belongs to an extensive continuum of care network which includes home health, hospice, assisted living, and skilled nursing facilities. Compass at Home is a collaboration between The Healthy Living Network, a premier provider of home health and hospice services, and Compass Health, Inc., the Central Coast’s leading provider of facility based skilled nursing.
The Healthy Living Network and Compass Health, Inc., have a vision for a seamless network of continuum of care services that support rehabilitation in the home after injury or illness and/or treatment in an acute care facility. By working closely together these providers strive to improve communication and collaboration between professionals across the continuum of care.
Did you know...
Your Medicare benefit may cover re-admission directly to the Skilled Nursing within 30 days of discharge to home from an Acute or Skilled Nursing setting?
- You would resume the same Medicare benefit period
- You could avoid an inconvenient Acute Hospital visit
- Skilled Nursing admission must follow an initial 3 day stay in an Acute setting
How it works
- Simply communicate directly with your team at Compass at Home, that you may be struggling more than expected at home
- Your team at Compass at home will coordinate your re-admission with yourPhysician and the Skilled facility of your choosing